Although there are many conferences in the first few months, GDC is the one everyone wants to attend.
If you've never heard of it, the Game Developers Conference (GDC) is an annual conference for video game developers.
The event includes an expo, networking events, and awards shows like the Game Developers Choice Awards and Independent Games Festival, and a variety of tutorials, lectures, and roundtables by industry professionals on game-related topics covering programming, design, audio, production, business and management, and visual arts.
For me, this will be my first time, and I'm super excited to connect with people and enjoy the San Francisco buzz during the week.
After speaking to several studios/publishers based in San Francisco, below are some of the places I intend to hit for food & drink; however, if you've any recommendations, I'm all ears.
- Trace - https://www.trace-sf.com/
- Cafe Du Soleil - https://www.cafedusoleilsoma.c...
- Spin San Francisco - https://wearespin.com/location/san-francisco/
- Press - https://pressclubsf.com/
- B San Francisco - http://www.bsanfrancisco.com/
- Joyride Pizza - Yerba Buena Gardens - https://www.joyridepizza.com/
If you're attending and want to catch up or meet whilst I'm there, feel free to book a slot.
Either way, I hope to see you all there, and I'll follow up after my trip with an overview of this year's event.